During the hot summer months, people rely heavily on their air conditioning system to keep them cool. In order to prevent your AC from breaking down, so it’s important to keep your air conditioning from getting overworked.
Here are some tips for keeping your air conditioning from getting overworked.
1. Don’t Use Your AC If You Don’t Need To
- If you don’t need the air conditioning on, don’t leave it on
If you’re going downstairs, for example, you should turn off the AC upstairs.
Turn off your AC whenever you leave the house too.
2. Get a Smart Thermostat
- A smart thermostat is the perfect way to make sure that you’re not overusing your air conditioning system
A self-programming smart thermostat can adjust itself based on the temperature in the room.
In addition, some newer thermostats can even detect motion in a room and adjust themselves accordingly.
3. Go Slowly
- When you need to cool down a hot room, don’t adjust the thermostat to the lowest temperature right away
This will cause the AC to work extra hard to cool down the room, so instead, first put it on a few degrees higher than your desired temperature.
Once the room cools down, you can adjust the thermostat again.
4. Keep your AC Units Clear
- Make sure nothing is blocking your outdoor AC units
If there are plants or grass in the way blocking it, remove them. Do the same for any items you left there during the winter.
This will help your AC work more efficiently.
We cover Blaine, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Edina, Hastings, Maplewood, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Roseville, North Saint Paul, Saint Paul, Saint Paul Park, South Saint Paul, Stillwater, West Lakeland, West Saint Paul, White Bear Lake, Woodbury, and many more locations.