The Benefits of an Aprilaire Humidifier for Your Home
In the beginning of last January, I was waking up nearly every morning with a sore throat, along with overly dry skin. When my dog Spud came to me for attention, I was unintentionally giving him a jolt of static shock.
He didn’t appreciate it; he gave me those innocent puppy eyes, asking:
- What the heck? What did I do wrong?
Yes, I work in HVAC and no I didn’t have a humidifier in my home. Not anymore.
Looking at my hardwood floors that had started to shrink and separate from each other, and laughing at the dog’s hair standing straight up when laying on the sofa one night, I decided it was time.
- In the winter, do you notice a lot of static shocks?
- Sometimes they can be painful!
- Maybe your wood floors shrink and separate a bit?
- Dry nasal passages, itchy skin or a sore throat?
- Do you have a constant feeling of being cold even when the heat is set relatively high?
Most of these, are symptoms of overly dry air.
Metro Heating & Cooling offers affordable whole – home humidifiers that attach right to your existing furnace. The automatic control can read the outdoor temperature and use that to make decisions on how to control the humidity in your home.
Other benefits of Aprilaire humidifiers
- According to medical experts, many viruses thrive in low humidity, increasing the likelihood of catching colds and the flu
- Delivers the perfect amount of moisture to your air making you feel more comfortable at lower thermostat settings
- The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) states that you can save up to 4% on your heating bill for every degree you lower your thermostat.
Call 651-294-7798 for all your indoor air quality questions and needs.
Enjoy the winter and watch out for static shocks!