Have you ever wondered where all that you flush down the toilet or flow down the sink goes? Although unseen, the sewer line under your home plays a vital role not only in the plumbing system, but in the overall hygiene and cleanliness of your homestead. It’s the path that wastewater from all the drains in your home travels to the disposal or treatment areas.
In the unfortunate event that this sewer gets busted, clogged, or doesn’t work optimally, then your home is about to have a messy hygiene challenge. But don’t sweat it; you are in the right place.
Do you suspect there’s something amiss with your sewer line? Do you think it needs repair or any other professional sewer-related work near Minneapolis or St. Paul, MN? Metro Heating and Cooling are the experts to get the job done right.
Why Choose Metro?
Metro Heating and Cooling is the preferred choice for the majority of homesteads near Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. For all your sewer repair challenges, be rest assured we are here to tackle them.
Why should you choose us?
- We possess the skills, professionals, and proper tools to get the job done right.
- Upfront pricing – we offer upfront pricing to ensure no hidden fees or surprises.
- We’re quick & clean
- Our quality technicians aren’t paid on commission. Their only incentive is to provide excellent customer service and fair pricing.
- You will enjoy a professional consultation to help you make better-informed choices.
- We will only recommend necessary repairs.
We understand that the sewer problem might be intimidating, but don’t worry. Contact us for a free estimate, schedule an appointment today, or answer any queries you might have.
Is it the right time to call us?
It’s your duty as the homeowner to take care of the sewer line that leads to the main sewer line under the street. You should call us immediately when you suspect the sewer line is not in the proper working condition. Remember, the results of non-repair of sewer lines can result in messy and unhygienic health risks.
So, call Metro Heating and Cooling when you spot;
- A cracked house foundation
- Weird or gurgling noises in your house’s plumbing
- A sharp decrease in the water pressure could be a sign of a cracked or leaking sewer line
- Wet or extra green lawn spots
- Foul or sewage like odor or sewage itself emanating from your drains
- Multiple drain backups in the home
- A backup from one plumbing fixture when another is in use or just got used, such as a backup in the sinks when the toilet has been flashed
- Slow draining of water in drains or a lack thereof.
Some of these signs might be related to other issues, but to be on the safe side, let our technicians make an assessment and give you a professional option.
A broken or clogged sewage line can easily become and emergency if left long enough. It’s important to know the sign of damage to ensure that the issue is solved in a timely manner before things get worse and lead to additional plumbing issues.
What is a Sewer Line?
All waste water from your house will make its way into the sewer line, which is where it begins its journey to a sanitation facility. This line is where waste from the toilet, sinks, floor drain, and other drains inside the property lead to. Due to its continuous usage, it’s important that your sewer line is in working condition, lest issues begin to arise. A damaged or broken line can easily turn into an emergency unless a professional drain cleaning or plumbing company is alerted. The sewer line is one of the most important parts of your home’s plumbing, so it’s important that it’s kept in working condition. A blocked sewer line can also lead to problems with neighbor’s plumbing in the future if left to accumulate. It’s always better, and cheaper, to address the issue as soon as it’s spotted than waiting around.
Good Reasons For Sewer Line Repair
You have spotted the problem, but what are their causes?
- Breaks, bursts, or cracks
- Collapsed and misalignment
- Old age
- Clogged drain or other obstructions as a result of grease, chunks of foodstuffs, hair, or paper products
- Tree root infestation
- Natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, or sinkholes.
- Poor maintenance
If you believe your sewer line has seen better days and is need of repair, phone or get in contact with Metro Heating & Cooling in the Minneapolis and St Paul area of Minnesota.
Whilst the prospect of needing to repair a damaged sewer line pipe may be a worrying one, there are methods that can be employed to ensure that the process is as noninvasive as possible. Trenchless repair is undertaken by installing a new pipe liner on the inside of the existing pipe, to cover up any gaps or breakage that may have occurred to the pipe. This method means that no digging is required, and the pipe will be ready to return to use sooner.
This repair method is cheaper than some other conventional repaid methods, meaning that you can save money and time. Of course, it can also only be carried out on applicable jobs. If your sewer line pipe is only mildly damaged or experiencing a couple leaks, this repair method may be best suited for you.
Sewer Line Cleaning
Metro Heating and Cooling will also undertake sewer line cleaning to keep your system in suitable condition. Sewer line cleaning can be completed by use of a auger or a hydro jetting system to blast dirt away. Sewer line cleaning will break up debris that may be leading to blockages or unhygienic backflow throughout the home. A clogged drain that has been dislodged has the potential to become a larger blockage within the sewer line if you’re unlucky enough. The cost of sewer line cleaning can be determined by the size of the job, but it’s usually much more affordable than a pipe replacement or repair. We also offer drain clearing and cleaning as a service in case your lines need to be cleaned.
Sewer Line Installation
Sewer line installation is often an undesirable solution due to the size of the job, but sometimes it’s unavoidable. If you need a sewer line installation or a pipe replacement, there are several factors that can affect the price of the process. We can assess any damage or issues using our drain and sewer camera inspection service.
Sewer line installation or replacement is typically fairly expensive due to the time, equipment and technical skill needed to complete it.
- A line permit is often required
- Location of the sewer line – Depending on where the line is located, it can add to the cost. If it requires a certain amount of excavation, the price is likely to be higher.
- The size of the replacement – Of course, a larger replacement will likely cost more money due to the materials needed and size of the job.
Due to the invasiveness and expensiveness of this job, we highly recommend that you take proper care of your drains and pipes to minimize the risk of these issues from occurring.
How to Avoid Clogging Your Minneapolis & St. Paul MN Drains
Taking correct precautions and minimizing damage to your drains and pipes will prevent the need for extensive drain cleaning or replacement. You can do the following to take care of your drains:
- Dispose of oils and cooking grease using the garbage as opposed to washing it down the drain
- Try to prevent hair or other debris from entering the drain by using strainers whenever possible
- Scrape food scraps or other leftovers into the garbage before washing or wiping the plate
- Flush nothing but waste and toilet paper down the toilet
Not all damage is completely avoidable, but with some slight changes to habits, you can prolong the life of your drain systems.
Call the Experts at Metro Heating & Cooling for Sewer Line Repair
Our drain specialists provide quality professional same-day service 7 days a week to ensure that your sewer and drain issues don’t cause more trouble than they’re worth. Our local Minneapolis MN servicing can lead to fast and great service. Whether it be relating to sewer line repair, drain services, main sewer issues, sewer cleaning or any other issue pertaining to drainage.
Our business uses only the most professional equipment to ensure that our service is as fast, clean and as effective as can be. We even offer a warranty to guarantee that your drains stay clear for the foreseeable future.
Get The Right Sewer Line Repair Near Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN
Have you begun spotting some signs of sewer line failure? Are you worried that the foul sewage smell will ruin your family’s night? Don’t wait until the last minute for the challenges to be overwhelming and costly. You may spot some of these problems, but let our experts handle the assessment and repairs the right way. Make the right choice for you, your family, and your home by contacting Metro Heating and Cooling for all sewer line repair near Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. We are always open, so feel free to contact us or call us today to schedule an appointment, and we’ll be glad to help.